Dave Hinz

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:09:47 -0500, Ned Simmons wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:24:46 -0500, Ned Simmons wrote:

You're giving me way too much credit, Dave. I couldn't have
intentionally come up with something as distracting as that bit of
hyperbole apparently is to you. You've made a red herring of it by
fixating on it to the exclusion of the real issues.

YOU are the one who brought up 6 year olds, Ned, not me. I point
out that it's not relevant, and now _I_ am the one fixating on
something you brought up?

Well it's not me that keeps harping on it. So far I've agreed with you
that no six-year-olds have been executed, and then admitted to stooping
to the use of gasp hyperbole. What's next, scourging? (Oh no, more
hyperbole.) If it's not relevant, don't continue to be distracted by it.

In other words, you're intentionally wasting your and my time with your
6-year-old non-point. Gotcha.

C'mon, you can do better than that.

Not unless you give me something better to work with.

You objected to the Court raising the age from 16 to 18,

Actually someone else brought that up here.

Really? So you agree with the Court's decision? Or are you just being
coy again?

You say "you objected to the...", when I have not objected to that
specific point here. Your statement was wrong. My position
is consistant, that the conviction should dictate the punishment,
regardless of age.

Yes, tediously, mind-numbingly consistent. I'm sure everybody gets it.

Then don't mis-state my points for me. It makes the flaws in your
point of view that much more evident, when you have to lie about
what your opponent has said, y'see.

If it's a murder conviction, it's appropriate. If it's a six year old, they
aren't being convicted of murder. I see no contradiction here.

Absence of response to key point noted.

Not relevant. Remember?

So you concede that your "6 year old" comment was a red herring. Thank
you.

Do you believe that minor children cannot be convicted of murder? That
just isn't so.

Don't try to speak for me, Ned, you're barely capable of speaking for
yourself. Now you're twisting "6 year olds" into "minor children"?
Amazing.

If you have information to the contrary I'd love to see
it.

Sing along with the chorus now..

Your red herring, _you_ address it. Or not.

I choose, umm, ummm...not! See ya.

Great. Bye, Ned.