On 5 Mar 2005 00:50:54 -0800, someone wrote:

I would make them do everything, or else deduct the full cost of doing
everything.

Who died & made you King?

Easy to talk big when you are not actually in your deal.

What Buyer has going for him: Seller agreed to do it.

What Buyer has against him: NEITHER party knew that a 200 amp upgrade
and thus a deck reconstruction would be necessary. Thus, Seller could
argue that this part of the contract is founded on what is known as
"MTUAL MISTAKE".

How many years you wanna litigate this? Sure, Buyer might be able to
pull out of the contract for this. Maybe even get bought off. But
how ya gonna "make them" do all this work instead? What if they
won't?

This could get nasty. Interesting to see the grand pronouncement of
what YOU would make them do. Maybe you should assume Buyer's contract
and then we could watch while you show us how you make them.