The Natural Philosopher

Default LV versus 240 halogen downlighters?

G&M wrote:

If not dimming, I recommend toroids - less radio interference. In all
cases buy decemnt ones. I got all my klit from Newey and Eyre and their
oroids have been good,

If using toroids make sure they are reasonably well matched to the load.

Or of reasonable quality. A transformer that drops volts under load is
one that is wound on the limit of cost, and is one that runs hot.

If
the transformer can supply too much power the voltage will rise and blow
bulbs on a regular basis.