oli4uk

wrote in message
ups.com...
Oliver Brearley wrote:
Good Evening,

I'm struggling on a basic brickwork design to replace an old boundary
fence. The wall I wish to build would be stretcher bond double skin,
comprising of double attach piers and end piers. The part I'm I

having
problem with is the brickwork for the piers, as I wish for the
stretcher main part of the wall to join the piers in the middle and
the piers must be 327mm (1.5 bricks)

Please see a very quick sketch I've drawn.

http://oli4uk.tripod.com/brickwall.htm

Comments or alternate methods will be much appreciated,

Thanks - Oliver.

The brickwork only needs to be halfway into the pier every other
course.

: _
: | |_
: |_| |
: | |_|
: |_| |_
: | |_| |
: |_|_|_|
: | |_ _|
: |_| |
: | |_|
: |_|

got it!
Reverse this pattern every course and it'll all bond nicely. Not one of
the easier puzzles. I might use a fill of mortar where the half brick
is.

NT

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, looking through my notes (A load of A4 sheets taken
from the printer !) that was one idea. I've updated the URL with a new pic.
It's just that I wished for the double skin stretcher to join the pier in
the middle. i.e. central to it This is purely for design though, so if I
were to build your suggestion I'd build the piers pointing towards my own
land. This is so I'm able to add some fancing coping to the stretcher wall
inbetween.

Many Thanks - Oliver