Duane Bozarth

I used some stuff many years ago that I believe was called "chair-lok".
It came in a little squeeze bottle. They claimed that it would swell
the wood to make a tight joint. ...

At least one review/evaluation I've seen indicate initial success but
the wood dried out again and shrunk back to original size w/
time--leaving the same problem but w/ a lot more of a mess to try to
clean up after...wish I could remember where that was, but FWW and FHB
are about the only two publications I've read regularly for 20 years or
more, so I'd guess it was one or the other...