Steve Manes

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:15:10 -0600, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Sounds like a job for Gorilla Glue. It's an incredibly strong
polyurethane adhesive. It's great for furniture repairs like this
because it expands as it dries, filling voids made from earlier
repairs.

It's absolutely worthless as a filler...the expansion is simply air
foam.

Have you ever tried to chip away that "worthless" filler after it's
cured? It will take the wood with it. The bonus is that it keeps
enough flexibility that the wood can still expand/contract without
breaking the joint, which is important with chair stringer repairs.

I learned about Gorilla Glue from a professional stair builder. He
uses it for stair repairs. I used it to repair a dozen old chairs a
couple of years ago and those repairs are rock solid.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs