Duane Bozarth

Steve Manes wrote:

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:02:45 -0500, "V-Jay" wrote:

I was just wondering if Liquid Nails, or Contact Cement, or some other type
of glue might work better. My reason for wondering about Liquid Nails or
Contact Cement is that I think they both remain slightly flexible/elastic
while wood glue becomes brittle and seems to crack easily.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what might work best?

Sounds like a job for Gorilla Glue. It's an incredibly strong
polyurethane adhesive. It's great for furniture repairs like this
because it expands as it dries, filling voids made from earlier
repairs.

It's absolutely worthless as a filler...the expansion is simply air
foam.

If the joint isn't tight, it isn't going to hold.

Need to fix the looseness of the joint first, then reglue.