Jim Behning

Well my Rousseau is a rectangle. It has 4 edges and 4 corners. So are
you saying that on the 12" long top of the plate has a dip but the
bottom 12" side does not have a dip? Well all of that should not have
happened if your 1.5" thick tabletop is flat and you routed it a
consistent depth. Next step would be to take out your calipers and
measure the plate where it rests in the routed section.

I did not notice and crown in my plate until someone mentioned it. It
routes fine. What more can ask? Of course my Bosch 1604 does not weigh
that much. My 1611 weighs over 13 lbs so I would guess the 1604 might
weigh 10 lbs.

Oh, take a picture. I do not have any clue what you are talking about.

"stoutman" wrote:

Hey LRod,

Like I said in my OP "Already see deflection on the outside edges when I
place a straight edge along the width of the plate" Not sure how else to
get you to understand this problem. Let me spoon feed it to ya. Picture a
square router plate. Now place a straight edge along the TOP of the plate
near the edge. In the center of the straight edge you could place 2-3
playing cards underneath. This could also be explained as "sagging downward
toward the edges". How does that defy physics? This newsgroup is only
accessed from Earth right? What physics do you have going on in your
workshop?

Yes I am aware of the crown, which as I understand it does not include
sagging at the edges.

"The Rousseau plate just does not sag from router weight."

Ok, than LIKE I SAID TWICE BEFORE, maybe it was defective when I bought it.

Should I take a picture of it with the straight edge on top and post it in
ABPW? Or will you claim that my staright edge needs to be calibrated?

"LRod" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:48:41 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

Like I said, not sure if it was defective before I set it up with my
router. The plat is definitely has some curvature in the midle of the
plate
more towards the endges of the plate. It is sagging downward at the
edges.
Could of been that way before I set it up. I never put a straight edge
against it until after it was supporting my router.

Sagging downward at the edges? You mean sagging upward in the middle
where the weight of the router is? I think that defies the laws of
physics.

Are you aware that the Rousseau is built with a slight crown to ensure
that the router bit is at the highest point in the plate. Drives some
people nuts, but makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway, the physics defying phenomenon you describe sounds like the
inherent crown. The Rousseau plate just does not sag from router
weight.

Once again, my offer stands...

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net