Leon

"LRod" wrote in message

Are you aware that the Rousseau is built with a slight crown to ensure
that the router bit is at the highest point in the plate. Drives some
people nuts, but makes perfect sense to me.

Seems that you would end up with stepped tennons if you had to make more
than 1 pass and moved the fence. And, if the plate bows up, how much
trouble is it to insure that when you bolt it up to the router that the bit
is perpendicular to the fence? I just replaced an old 3/8" thick Lexan
plate that a Bosch 1611 had been hanging from for about 3 years. I retired
the Big Bosch and mounted a Triton on the opposite side. 8 months later the
plate sags enough that a folded piece of 20# paper easily slides under a
straight edge. I had not noticed the sag until I started seeing stepped
tennons. How much does the Rousseau bow up?