LRod

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:48:41 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

Like I said, not sure if it was defective before I set it up with my
router. The plat is definitely has some curvature in the midle of the plate
more towards the endges of the plate. It is sagging downward at the edges.
Could of been that way before I set it up. I never put a straight edge
against it until after it was supporting my router.

Sagging downward at the edges? You mean sagging upward in the middle
where the weight of the router is? I think that defies the laws of
physics.

Are you aware that the Rousseau is built with a slight crown to ensure
that the router bit is at the highest point in the plate. Drives some
people nuts, but makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway, the physics defying phenomenon you describe sounds like the
inherent crown. The Rousseau plate just does not sag from router
weight.

Once again, my offer stands...

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net