stoutman

Like I said, not sure if it was defective before I set it up with my
router. The plat is definitely has some curvature in the midle of the plate
more towards the endges of the plate. It is sagging downward at the edges.
Could of been that way before I set it up. I never put a straight edge
against it until after it was supporting my router.

"LRod" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:38:18 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

Mounted my PC 7518 in the Rousseau plate in my new router table. Already
see deflection on the outside edges when I place a straight edge along the
width of the plate. Im not sure if the plate was defective before I set
it
up or not. Its been mouted with the router for 24 h.

I don't think you're seeing plate deflection. When I put my router
table in storage I left my M12V hanging on the Rousseau in the table.
There wasn't a scintilla of deflection when I took it out. So you say
the M12V is no 7518? Okay, I'll give you that. The table was in
storage for FIVE YEARS. I am unconvinced you're seeing plate
deflection in less than, what, 24 hours? 48 at the outside? Uh-uh.

I would return this thing but I already drilled it out for my router.

My offer from before still stands:

Send it to me. I love my Rousseaus. No reason not to have another one,
even though it's been defaced, reducing its sale value to zero.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net