Ed Huntress

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
news:1110163979.1a99282a12befd83a1638360094607ae@t eranews...
Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I have an aluminum part that is shaped like a picture frame. It is 12
inches square and inch thick. It has a 1/2'x1/2" rebate (where the
picture would go if it were a picture frame). Two cutters were used to
make the rebate. The finish cut was made with a larger diameter
cutter(1") than previous cuts (1/2"), and to maintain the smaller
corner radii, the final cut left a small area in the corners that
protrudes above the finished surface by as much as .015 to .020.

What would be a good way to rework some of these parts without sending
them to a machine shop? Could I use a laminate trimmer or router with
some kind of end mill?

I don't advocate this, and don't tell anyone I recommended it in any

way,
shape, or form, but...

Description setup snipped...

Disclaimer: But I think it's all a bad idea. I advise against it...

LOL

See? I'm learning about the law and newsgroups. I haven't said anything
about this, and it wasn't anything bad, but I wound up in court for a day
two weeks ago, subpoenaed as a witness because of something I said on this
newsgroup two *years* ago. It's led me to re-think Google's NG archiving. I
now hate it.

It's the second time, same issue. The first time, last year, I had to give
recorded testimony. This time I had to sit in the witness chair in court.

I don't want to do it again.

--
Ed Huntress