Glenn

Amazing how you can change yer midn like that when you think about a new toy
too long
It was fun to meet you too. Stop by anytime. I did not get to play with
the welders much this weekend. I did get all the hoses and lines hooked up
to the Miller Dialarc but have not fired it up yet. I got an offer from a
friend to help pull the motor out of the cougar that has been waiting all
winter. Only has about 500 miles on a fresh rebuilt long block from a PDX
rebuilder and all the cam bearings were welded and spun. I haven't pulled
the mains yet but there is metal melted out of the front main so it looks
like the whole thing is toast. The cam froze so solid that the timing chain
snapped and the sprockets all shattered. No clue as to why it gernaded like
that. First time I ever had anybody else put a motor together for me and
the last!!
Glenn
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:14:59 -0800, the inscrutable "Glenn"
spake:

I didn't buy it but I just went down to HF and looked at it. About the
size
of a lunch box and the construction is not too bad, case looks nice and no
obvious bad points in construction or materials. A look at the schematic
and I can see it has an inverter board and 2 transformers with a FWB
rectifier on the output and it looks like an inductive dampner. You could
probably download the book from HF website.
What it don't got No remote current adjust no solenoid valve for gas
flow, just a knob on the torch to adjust the flow or turn it off. I can't
tell for sure but it might have an hf start as it sez not to touch the
work
with the tungston rod. No tank, no regulator.
The book says to "get ready to weld and then it the power switch on the
box"
Specs say it can weld up to .118" in tig mode. The torch has about 6
different size/shape tips and a couple of collets.
It looks like it might be a fun toy for small stuff, but I don't think it
is
a very serious welder.
YMMV

Hey, Glenn! It was fun meeting and talking with you yesterday and
playing with the welder you thought wasn't a very serious unit but
bought anyway. g Now _I_ want one.

I had fun touring your shop after my enormous $49 shopping spree at
HF. Thanks for having me down.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
Has anyone seen/used/bought this little TIG inverter?
220v 18a input, 130a TIG or 90a stick welding output.

I bought this one instead due to the lower initial setup costs.
$120.

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming