Brian O

"Dan" wrote in message
The water shutoff valve just before the meter in my basement has begun
to leak. Probably about a gallon a week, judging from the amount in the
bucket I put below the valve. Simple enough problem I would likely
handle myself, except for shutting the water off at the curb. I've seen
them do this with a neighborhood deadbeat (apparently behind on their
bill), they use a wrench about 4 feet long which I don't possess.
Anyway, before I pay a plumber, it did occur to me that since this is
BEFORE the meter, perhaps it's the city water dept's problem. Anyone

know?

TIA Dan

Best way would be to contact the water dept in your area and ask them.