nightjar

"Goo Goo" wrote in message
"James Salisbury" wrote in message
I was wondering how the sockets were wired up.... it's an old house as
well, and the sockets are blatently old. I may get an electrician in;
although it's possible the neighbourhood had a powercut a few times
during the day - but unlikely i'd suggest.

How old is old? Are they round pin or square?

Round-ISH... i can just tell they're old, they're not the same design as
modern mains sockets, and the switches aren't the same design as what i'd
consider 'modern' plugs.

I suggest turning the mains master switch off and moving into an hotel until
you get an electrician in. If you don't have the 'modern' style square pin
sockets, the wiring is decades past its useful life and it is dangerous.

Colin Bignell