Lurch

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:04:31 +0000, Mark Carver
strung together this:

As you can see from my photo the entire house is protected by an RCD,
although it's an 80mA device.

Nope, i't's an 80A 100mA device.

Anyway it looks as if I'm heading towards a complete CU replacement.
It seems that my present breakers are BS 3871, doing some Googling these
were withdrawn in 1994. I can't find any suppliers that do replacements ?

I've got some second hand ones. BS60898 is the replacement for BS
3871.

Of course replacing the CU, would require getting the lekky board to
come and remove their main 100A fuse, what can of worms does that open ?

Looking at the picture of your CU the third wire in the existing ring
main MCB is not a spur to a socket. It looks like the cooker cable has
been moved across so that the new 6mm, (the cable with the white
sheath), can be fitted to the now spare MCB.

I would suggest that you call someone in to do all of this as some of
your comments here scare me a little and show a lack of understanding.
--

SJW