Mark Carver

Andrew Chesters wrote:

To deal with the Upstairs ring aspect. I wouldn't. If you, or one of
yours, or a future owner were to have a fault, trip the breaker for
downstairs and then fry, you would feel responsible?

I don't understand ? You mean switching off the downstairs breaker
assuming it fed the conservatory, then electrocuting themselves ?
If so I'd label the CU accordingly.

In a conservatory, I would be especially keen to have an RCD on the
circuit.

As you can see from my photo the entire house is protected by an RCD,
although it's an 80mA device.

Anyway it looks as if I'm heading towards a complete CU replacement.
It seems that my present breakers are BS 3871, doing some Googling these
were withdrawn in 1994. I can't find any suppliers that do replacements ?

Of course replacing the CU, would require getting the lekky board to
come and remove their main 100A fuse, what can of worms does that open ?

--
Mark