Lobster

Oliver Ciaravella wrote:
Yeah was looking at Howden's got some letter headed paper from a decorator
but didn't think I would be able to set up an account.

Nor did I; just went in and told them I was just setting up my own
business as a kitchen fitter or something and that was it. (For those
of a certain age, it was a bit like Cleese in Monty Python's "Why do you
want to join the Secret Service? Can you keep a secret? Yes? Fine,
you're in!)

It's probably down to the individual behind the counter on the day as to
how your approach is received. I don't get much bother now at most
places (other than Travis Perkins - spit); if I get turned down I look
incredulous and say "well I've always got trade from Howden's, why on
earth not?" and that normally does the trick! There are clearly
'degrees' of trade discount though, and I know I don't get the same
concessions that the bulk users do.

David