Lurch

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 18:16:57 GMT, "Goo Goo" strung
together this:

By a power-cut i mean everything went off in the room i was in, the hoover
on the one socket itself, and the 8/9/10 sockets on the mains-extender which
was plugged into a socket the opposite side of the room. Then everything
came back on.

Nothing to do with the mains extender then, if the hover was in
another socket then it can't be that. Nothing, (unless you have some
rare industrial control system as a CU), will be in your wiring to
automatically reset the fuses\MCB's in your CU.

Later on the computer restarted twice, along with other items powerong off
then back on, so i believe the extender to be the cause.

Anything else in the house?

Also, i don't know what you're thinking of, but how can 13 amps not be
achieved already?!

A monitor has a high-fuse, along with the amplifier surely, and the
television. In fact it would be **** easy to go way over the 13a
thresh-hold.

If you think about it there's actually a far higher chance of attaching 10
items to it and going over 13amps than NOT going over it - you could have no
items rated at 13amps, one at 3 amps, and nine items at 1amp - that's a bit
****e isn't it?

What?

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. If an appliance has a
3A fuse, it means it draws less than 3A, could be 0.001A. I've got a
TV, amplifier, CD player, DVD player, various other boxes of musical
orign, 2 STB's and a Quattro switcher. I haven't got it to 3A yet.

If I add a PC I still won't be anywhere near 13A.

You need to check the actual rating of all the appliances you have
plugged in, not the fuse sizes.
--

SJW