Goo Goo

"Oliver Ciaravella" wrote in message
Hi,
This isn't a post asking for information just thought I would post my
personal recommendations about kitchen suppliers.
Ok I have installed 3 kitchens so far one MFI, one renovated kitchen, and
1 Ikea kitchen.

Personally the hassle and cost of the renovation one means I will not be
doing that again, The kitchen was simply a replacement of worktop, sink
doors, and plugs, with handles etc. the hassle of working around the old
carcases and other things meant I would not be trying this again, also the
cost worked out about 800 with new oven.

MFI after we finally had the kitchen delivered after numerous phone calls
and a few missing parts. The kitchen itself was like any other flat pack,
not what I would consider easy to construct. Cost wise worked out about
2000

Finally the IKEA kitchen, for a flat pack it was soooo easy to install one
quick look at the pictures then all the carcases were built, most things
were planned to make construction an ease. (Although do have two metal
bars that I have no idea where they go) Delivery was well within the
quoted time. And cost wise for a large good quality looking kitchen worked
out around 1400.

So personally If I will do another kitchen it will be an Ikea one. I'm
sure most people have had bad experiences with them but for the cost and
quality you cant really complain, and the ease of construction just helps
make my mind up.
Olly

I work for IKEA, and they do try extremely hard to make kitchens easier as
time goes on, they're always lookign for new approaches etc, and methods to
ensure your kitchens easy to build.

I've had one too, with my discount, and it was easy peasy; never MFI again,
they genuinly made kitchens seem like a struggle/hard.

Anyway, you save loads with IKEA, some feel you need ot watch what you buy,
as some of the cheaper items can be of rubbish quality. Having looked at
lots of them, they all seem fine though :-)