Goo Goo

"Goo Goo" wrote in message
Hi there,

Recently I installed a maplin 10-way plug extender, with surge protection.
Cost £24.99 and was the only one that had 10 sockets, which i use, but not
all at once.

Anyway, it said on the box 'don't plug directly into the mains' - i take
it that means the main mains power source in the house, i've plugged it
into a socket in my room - has a few bits and bobs.

I'll be honest, it says 'dont have more than 13amps on it' plug-wise, i've
prob got more than that....

Today i was hoovering through *another*socket in my room, and we had a
power-cut, i think it was in the entire house but i can't tell as nothing
was 'on' that would indicate so, but everything in my room cut out.

I don't want to blow up the house, but surely if it says 10-way socket
expander it *should* be ok, even with more than 13amps going through it?

It's a comptuer, video,tv,printer,monitoramplifier and a couple of other
minor things like wireless router.

I don't want to damage the house.

Indicentilly, we had one 4 way extender plugged into another one that was
plugged into the wall, and it's been fine for 2 years - but i finally
realised how dangerous it potentially was and thought i should splash out.

Maplin only sell the one 10-way extender, the rest are either 2,4 or 6,
which wasn't enough.

Any suggestions/help anyone?

http://tinyurl.com/4k6qj is the item - for all those who wish to have a
look....cheers!