James Sweet

"meirman" wrote in message
What is the best way to desolder?

I have tried solder wicks, single bulb solder suckers, pen-like solder
suckers, solder suckers with integrated soldering irons, and I've
tried heating the item and shaking off the solder.

Depends what you're trying to solder, aside from very expensive vacuum
stations I've had the best luck with the Radio Shack desoldering iron (one
of the few truly useful things they sell) for larger joints, and solder wick
dipped in liquid flux for smaller stuff. The flux is really the key, it
dries out quickly from solder wick which then works poorly.