jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

Decide those questions for yourself, and you can conclude whether it's right
or wrong -- not because experts disagree and therefore we don't want to
commit an irrevocable execution, but because we accept the reasons for or
against the death penalty and have concluded that it does or does not apply
to minors.

The experts *do* disagree. The decision wasn' wasn't 9-0.

I guess I was getting at the idea that I'm not entirely sure
the government should be in the killing folks business at *all*
given their track record on killing innocent folks. Is it
better to have one innocent put to death so that all the rest
of the truly guilty can be executed? Tough call. One only
has to ask *your* question (kids OK too?) if you answer the
first question the right way.

IMO, it does not.

You're in good company ed. There were seven of the justices
who felt the same way.

Jim

please reply to: