Mike Harrison

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:51:06 GMT, "Alan" wrote:

Thanks, although it might be a bit more complicated than that. He only
recently had planning granted for the garage, after January in fact. Unless
he can get away with saying he pre-empted the garage being there!

The work 'could have been started' before the garage was built - as long as it's finished by the end
of this month you're ok, so it couldn't be proved.

So, I guess that getting certification after the event is a no no?

No - you can still go the building control route.
Opinion seems to be divided over whether they are allowed to charge any more than the standard
building control fee for inspections etc.

If, for example, my Grandfather were to sell next year and the buyers (or
buyers solicitor) pressed for certification of the electrical work done,
what should he do?

Disconnect the feed at the house CU. Tell buyers it is their responsibility to inspect/certify etc.
if they reconnect.