T i m

Default Noisy wife ..

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:02:25 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

If she gets fed up I'll give it a good home. For some reason we gave away
our rollers years ago.

'His n hers' cars or hair styling apparatus Mary?

sigh Rollers for indoor pedal cycling, using real cycles with pedals,
chains, handlebars and the like.

'No' .. really? cheeky grin

Fixed wheel for preference.

We first tried a Tunturi (from eBay) rowing machine but it wasn't like
'real rowing' for me and wasn't comfortable for her back.

Rollers are pretty good substitutes for cycling but it's all on the level.

Only in that you are actually on your own cycle but I suggest they (in
most cases) lack the subtlety of something like this Ergometer? The
heavy flywheel gives loads of inertia and the transmission (apart from
the squeek) is completely smooth and silent. The load is applied by a
coil that runs close to magnetic segments that are set in the outside
of the flywheel. Set on No2 it feels *just* like cycling up a slight
gradient and on 10 up a very steep hill towing a skip!

The change is so long ago it's forgotten.

'She' says you are very fortunate ... ;-)

And we don't have a telly.

Not sure that's much of a loss these days .. apart from stuff like
Little Britain and the Katherine Tate shows .. (when they were on) ;-)

When Spouse had his hip replacement the hospital gym had a fantastic cycling
machine which the physiotherapist let me use. I WANT ONE.

They are very good and you can often get factory refurbished ones?

But it probably cost thousands :-(

Nah, you can get something very useable (like this Tunturi) for about
300 quid? Summat like this on eBay might do the trick?

http://tinyurl.com/2cuen

Looks like a later version of ours ..?

I remember riding my bike home from the in-laws late one night while in
labour with our third. She's 41 now.

Mine was in a small speedboat off the East coast when she was due in
the hope it would get her started .. (it didn't) ;-(

Have fun ..

T i m