Jeff

"Alan" wrote in message
. uk...
Hello.

My grandfather has just had a garage built and has been quoted, from what

can gather, a very reasonable price for getting electricity to the garage
via armoured cable from his house. The only problem I can see is the guy
doing the electrics, although a competent and ex-qualified electrician, is
no longer qualified (retired I think). I am aware of these new regulations
that have come into force in January this year but I'm wondering, can this
guy do the work and then get a qualified electrician to inspect and

provide
a certificate for the work? If so, how much is an inspection?

Thanks
Alan

The work was completed in December 2004 wasn't it ;-)

Regards Jeff