John Rumm

Mark Carver wrote:

So I need to 'break and loop' into the existing 'downstairs' ring, and

Yes

take that through the conservatory ? Just to confirm, I can't run two
rings from one 32A MCB ? (which was what I was getting at)

No.

You can run a spur from a ring circuit, and it is legitimate to have the
spur originate at the CU if required. Unless separately fused however
you would only be able to supply a single outlet on that spur. Running
two ring circuits from a single MCB would not be not common practice...

with a bit of luck someone will be along shortly to quote you the regs
reference ;-)

Do you not have a spare way on the CU? Since that would be the
preferable place to run either a new ring circuit for the conservatory,
or a radial if that would be simpler.

--
Cheers,

John.