Mark Carver

Mark Carver wrote:

you can do whatever you want. How you do it would determine whether its
reg compliant. And I spose whether it would melt and catch fire or not.
In principle its doable compliantly.

Indeed, I'd just like it to be reg compliant (though of course doing the
work anyway is against Part P)

B: Can I take a 6.0mm T&E from the consumer unit to the

conservatory,

and connect the other end to the new 2.5mm ring closer to the
conservatory ?

it wont be compliant though. If you do it that way, better to make it a
radial circuit. And why 6mm?

The run to the conservatory is about 6 metres. If I make the
conservatory a radial circuit in its own right both 2.5 mm tails will be
taking the same route back to the CU. Rather than do this is there any
reason why 6.0mm cannot be used for that run, connecting to two 2.5mm
cables that run round the conservatory ?

I can easily break into the upstairs ring, and include the conservatory
on this. From a common seance/Ohm's law perspective this is bad as it
increases the loop resistance of that circuit. I return to the question
posted at 08:50hrs, can I (regs wise) connect two radial circuits to one
32A MCB ? The load on that MCB will be exactly the same as if I were to
break into the existing ring.

--
Mark