Mark Carver wrote:
Lurch wrote:

I wish to add a small ring of 13A sockets (6 x 13A double sockets)

in a
new conservatory. As the downstairs ring is rather busy with

kitchen
appliances etc, I am planning to add this new ring to the

'upstairs' MCB.

A: Can I do this ?

you can do whatever you want. How you do it would determine whether its
reg compliant. And I spose whether it would melt and catch fire or not.
In principle its doable compliantly.

Depends on the floor area. For a 32A ring circuit you should not be
supplying more than 100m^2.

That's OK then. The entire house is 120 m^2 (served by two 32A
circuits), so upstairs will be 60ish. The conservatory is 14m^2.

B: Can I take a 6.0mm T&E from the consumer unit to the

conservatory,
and connect the other end to the new 2.5mm ring closer to the
conservatory ?

it wont be compliant though. If you do it that way, better to make it a
radial circuit. And why 6mm?

NT