Jim

I have to agree with Kim - I never liked the way knee pads strapped to
my legs. I bought a pair of wrestling knee pads. They are a long tube
- about 12" with pad & elastic going the entire length. They have a
soft face, so I sewed a piece of denim from old jeans over them. I
used them for quite a few years when I was remodeling - everything from
floors to roofs. Sometimes the bunching in the back of the elastic
made me wish I'd found a pair with the center cut out of the elastic,
but it was never that much of a hassle. Usually this wish was during
the hottest part of summer. As I recall, they weren't very expensive,
but that was a long time ago - $10 - $15 at a guess.