Paulco

Hei Dave,
I have a chinese lathe with a 300mm swing but the lathe has a swivel
head for larger work.
I'm hoping to make a couple of platters at least 400mm.
I'll check out Darrel's site.
Cheers
Paul

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:39:47 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Paulco wrote:
Anyone know of a website where I can get information on end grain
turning?
I've got a couple of 600mm (2ft) pieces of jarrah (a gorgeous aussie
hardwood) that I'd like to turn in to large platters.

UNless you've got a monster lathe, you're really talking about
making a couple of 300mm platters out them. End grain turning is
an odd way to put it, they should be turn on a faceplate as REALLY
shallow bowls. If you catch my drift. Darrel Feltmate's website
has a wealth of info that might be of use to you. Was this
supposed to be a drive-by? Wish I had the wood.

Dave in Fairfax

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia