Don D.

I soaked about 10 horseshoes last night to see what it does and it did
remove the rust but they still need light wire wheeling to remove the light
residue and the horse s$%#, but it will save a lot of time on the wheel. and
the occasional flying horse shoes when the wheel gets the best of me...
I am using it about 25/75 and would like to know how do I neutralize the
acid when I am done using it before disposal (baking soda?) and or what is
the shelf life if in this stage if I do not dispose of it.

Thank you all for your input, This is going to save me a lot of time
Don D.

"Don D." wrote in message
I have three boxes of horseshoes that have been rained on and rust caked up
pretty heavy I was thinking of throwing a few in a 5 gal. bucket over night
or 24 hr. then clean up with water.

.............I just called one of the people that clean horseshoes for art
work and he said he does a 25/75 ratio 25% acid and leave it over night. I
may try that out and clean off in another 5 gal. of water.

Don D.

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

"Jeff R" wrote in message

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
Um, muriatic? Aka hydrochloric (typically 34.55% or something)?

Yeah, that works just fine. Rinse and oil quickly, and don't keep or
use
near tools.

Tim

Just to emphasize:

DON'T soak it overnight.

Quick dip, followed by an aggressive rinse.

Wear safety goggles, rubber gloves and do it outside with the acid
downwind from you. Neutralize with bicarbonate of soda.