Jim

Martin, you aren't kidding. I stopped by the saw mill & bought $102
worth of wood yesterday. I don't do it too often & the pile this time
was depressingly small. Locally, we get nice cherry, oak, poplar &
maple. Got a couple of boards of each just to put in the shop & let it
sit for when I need it.

Lately, I've mostly been turning green wood - found wood. I like that
price a LOT better. G We have some neat local woods that never make
the sawmill; osage orange, dogwood, beech & sycamore. There are also
some neat exotics like the japanese sampora that a woman had cut out of
her back yard last year. I'm starting to cut a few of my own boards.
I don't really have the room for even a portable sawmill & drying shed,
so I doubt I'll get into it too much, but besides being a lot of fun,
working with these other woods is very interesting. Also keeps my
wallet from hiding in a dark corner & whining. G

Jim