Kathy

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for all the good advice.

Let me show my ignorance: "Personally when I change units again I will

make
damn sure that I get a
scroll compressor."

What's a scroll compressor ?
Why is it better ?
More expensive ?

Found on what mfg's units, etc. ?

Goodman's got it.
BTW, I'm afraid that those statistics for Goodman equipment must include the
discontinued Janitrol line. It was the low-end junk line. Goodman also owns
Amana now and I would bet that most of the repairs necessary on the Goodman
equipment was for the hot surface ignitor. And that they failed while still
under warranty. Goodman is now trying to have a bracket made so that these
ignitors may be replaced with the same ignitors they use on the Amana line.
I hate to see so many folks trash Goodman. I personally think it is the best
bang for your buck. And in NJ there's quite a few A+ dealers to service the
warranty.