Mary Fisher

Default Noisy wife ..

"T i m" wrote in message

If she gets fed up I'll give it a good home. For some reason we gave away
our rollers years ago.

'His n hers' cars or hair styling apparatus Mary?

sigh Rollers for indoor pedal cycling, using real cycles with pedals,
chains, handlebars and the like. Fixed wheel for preference.

We first tried a Tunturi (from eBay) rowing machine but it wasn't like
'real rowing' for me and wasn't comfortable for her back.

Rollers are pretty good substitutes for cycling but it's all on the level.

We then got this 420 cycle and we both find it very comfortable (it's
highly adjustable as she's 5'6" and I'm 6'2") and it provides a real
cycling feel without the rain, cold, dogs, drivers, potholes etc. She
just turns the telly on and enough fans to start our own wind tunnel
facility (the overheat is down to the 'change' or some other strange
woman thing) and pedals off (nowhere)!

The change is so long ago it's forgotten. And we don't have a telly.

When Spouse had his hip replacement the hospital gym had a fantastic cycling
machine which the physiotherapist let me use. I WANT ONE.

But it probably cost thousands :-(

I personally would rather risk the rain, cold, dogs, drivers, potholes
etc on my MTB and experience the added excitement of a 10 mile
narrow tow-path ride home in the dark from the pub ;-)

I remember riding my bike home from the in-laws late one night while in
labour with our third. She's 41 now.

Mary