LRod

On 5 Mar 2005 18:50:22 -0800, "RichardC" wrote:

I did a search of all groups and found no useable information nor
recommendations about knee pads. I am currently looking at a pair of
pads from the Duluth Trading Company....

I also have problems with my knees if I'm down on them. I have several
sets, also. My original pair were the tire tread sort of thing with a
thin foam liner. The upper and lower straps are those H type serrated
loops. That's all that was available at the time, but they're a pain.
I have relegated this set to concrete work.

I next got a set with the hard plastic outside. It was disconcerting
at first but I've come to like them a lot, particularly on concrete
(not to be confused with "doing" concrete in the preceding paragraph).
They have upper and lower straps with velcro. Much, much better than
the thread through thingees.

A couple of years ago in preparation for putting down a laminate floor
I bought a "flooring contractor" set of pads that have a soft outside
surface so as not to mar your new floor. They're quite comfortable and
have a single velcro strap. I wore out my first set on other projects
(see below) and bought a second set when it came time to do my cork
floor.

The first set of flooring pads became my pads of choice because of the
ease of getting them on and off--single strap. They're really handy
when I have to go up in the attic and kneel down on top of the
trusses. That really tears my knees up but with the pads it's a piece
of cake. I can't really wear the hard shell pads up there because
there's no traction. I don't need to be doing any ceiling repairs...

I'm almost at the point where I won't even look for a quarter under
the coffee table without putting on the pads.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net