Eric Tonks

I find that the gel lined ones are good. Because of my bad knees, I have
several types, depending on what I am kneeling on. One pair looks like it
has a tire tread on it, and it is really good for use on concrete. One of
the best I have found was a real cheap set of foam knee pads called
"HappyKnees", they used to advertise on TV a lot. But for general use they
are great. On concrete or roofing the foam would shred and they are not good
on narrow surfaces such as the tops of ceiling joists in an attic, I have
others I use for these special purposes.

My knees have been bad since I was about 14 years old -- the doctors blamed
growing pains -- and 50 years later, I still have pains. I am very careful
of what I do, and take all the supplements, and despite some pain that comes
and goes, my knees have outlasted many younger people who have gone in for
knee replacements.

"RichardC" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did a search of all groups and found no useable information nor
recommendations about knee pads. I am currently looking at a pair of
pads from the Duluth Trading Company. They're rather high tech with
replaceable jell inserts and run about $35. To the best of my
recollection my knees haven't been repaired or replaced since they
were new back in '41. I am hoping for some experienced input from
this board or a referral to another group that might be able to help.
I can be patient, but I'm getting awfully tired down here and it's
most uncomfortable..

Regards,
Richard