Richard Cline

In article .com,
"Mike in Arkansas" wrote:

There are several different kinds of termites. The subterranian termite
is often viewed as the most damaging and it is possible that it might be
discouraged if its path to the ground is interrupted. There are also
dry wood termites that migrate by flying and their colony may never
reach the ground. The Formosan termite is another possiblity.

I certainly would not want to bring a live termite colony into my house.
Once inside, it can spread to the entire house structure.

You might call a local termite company to see if they would fumigate
your wood pile for some modest cost. The use of other pesticides sounds
like a risk unless the label on the can specifies that it is effective
on termites. The wood might be suitable for firewood but I wouldn't
bring a stack inside and risk the spread.

Check
http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/termite.htm
or Google termite control.

Dick

Don't believe you need to worry about termites in the wood. They live
only in the ground and can't survive out of the nest for any time.