AAvK

Yeah... quality tools, I am very blessed that I get to use Oliver equipement in
adult ed. A 14/16" table saw, 12" jointer and a 24" thicknesser/planer. Awesome
machines too, they have this "arcane" beauty and quality to them that is undaunted.
Sorry for the bad terminology but I have no way of describing it. I hear from a saw
service business owner (http://www.carbide.com/) that there are people out there
that are obsessed with Oliver machines, dealing in them and collecting them. There
is an Oliver No. 80 at a local lumber and hardware business and that saw is amazing.
The whole table tilts, has it's own sliding sections if I remember correctly, and the
huge motor has shafts on both ends. The other end has it's own lower table so it can
be used as a borer. Sounds like a space ship engine from Star Wars, like the jointer
at adult ed. The No. 80 can be set up two ways, belt drive and as it is, direct drive.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com