Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

Not true. We had plenty of intelligence indicating exactly what

the
President
said, but you're just choosing to ignore it.

http://msnbc.msn.com/ID/5403731

Bush also ignored the intel he received between Fall of 2003
and the invasion itself.

There you go again, criticizing the President for making decisions

without
taking into account things that had not yet happened.

(Hint: check when the invasion actually occurred.)

Thanks for the hint. I meant to write, Fall of 2002 and the invasion
itself in 2003.

By then, troops had been massed in theater and it would have been
politically damaging to bring them home without invading, no matter
what Saddam Hussein did. You will recall that Bush's criteria for
'not invading' suddenly changed from compliance to the UN mandates,
which IAEA and UNMOVIC had indicated was the case, to Saddam, Usay,
and Quday Hussein leaving Iraq, regime change was not a demand Bush
had previously made.

--

FF