J T

Sat, Mar 5, 2005, 5:10pm (Guess=A0who)
erroneously claims:
You never "whack the Hell" out of chisels. snip

LMAO Maybe in your world. My chisels "are" sharp, by the way.
When I want delicate cuts, I use a light mallet, and tap, tap, tap,
letting "the tool do the work".

However, in my world, on those times when I need (or want) to take
a big chunk at one go, I use my biggest chisel, take my biggest,
heaviest, mallet, and "whack the Hell out of it". Works quite well.
Fun too. When my woodworking stops being fun, I'll stop woodworking.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold