TT

Vinegar & Salt works well too.

Leave in overnight or as long as needed.

Saturate the vinegar with salt (so much so that the vinegar can't hold any
more salt)

-Tom

"Don D." wrote in message
Does anyone use moradic acid for cleaning steel? I am starting to weld
horseshoes, but I have to clean them up from rust and anything else. I

have
been using a coarse wire wheel and it takes about 3 -4 minutes for one to
do. I have herd from others that moradic acid (I hope I'm spelling and
saying it right) cleans them by letting them soak.. If this is right, what
is the ratio to use it as? Water mix. And how long to soak or drop in and
out.

Don D.