Brian S Gray

Default Cooker Hood Ducting

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:34:01 +0100, "Richard Geyman"
wrote:

"Danny Monaghan" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know if this kind of ducting is suitable for a cooker hood

with
600m2/h extraction:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MRLAD6.html

I assume it's so cheap because it's more or less foil on a wire helix?

--
To email me, put the LIGHT out

I've got the same stuff for a 450m3/h extractor, and no problems. As it's
150mm, I'm sure it can probably take plenty more.

Looking elsewhere I was being quoted nearly £100 for a 5m length of 150mm
ducting with wall plate!

Richard

That sounds fairly steep.
Have you looked at the Domus catalogue (available as a .pdf file
downloadable from their web site (www. domusventilation.com look
under 'ducting') and then asked a builders merchant to quote.

(If you know the fan performance, the catalogue also explains how to
calculate the suitability of different types of ducting.)