Guess who

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:45:34 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

He was probably whacking them way too hard too. I've got 7
mallets, different sizes, weights, types of wood, 6 if you don't include
the pine one the dog chewed on. The lighter ones work great for more
delicate chiseling, the big heavy ones are for whacking the Hell out of
them.

You never "whack the Hell" out of chisels. (i) you sharpen them, and
(ii) the fact that the mallet is heavier should do ...Like my dear old
daddy used to tell me, rest his soul, "Let the tool do the work."