J T

Sat, Mar 5, 2005, 7:18am (EST-3) (Jim) says:
Buy good chisels & use a wooden mallet. I turned a chunk of Red Oak
firewood into a mallet that is perfect in about 10 minutes. snip

He was probably whacking them way too hard too. I've got 7
mallets, different sizes, weights, types of wood, 6 if you don't include
the pine one the dog chewed on. The lighter ones work great for more
delicate chiseling, the big heavy ones are for whacking the Hell out of
them.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold