J & K Tomalonis

"Perek75" wrote in message
lkaboutcrafting.com...
I got a dresser (for free) in french style that is quite neat. However it
smells like mold!

Once a while ago, someone was "helping" put groceries away, and put a bag of
potatoes in a kitchen drawer that we would normally never use for that
purpose.

The potatoes went bad and we couldn't guess where it was coming from as the
smell seemed to be everywhere. No one thought to look where the potatoes had
ended up.

Once we found the mess and cleaned it up, we found that there was a nasty
stain and odor in the wood. Luckily, the drawer was all solid wood and good
old plywood. I scraped and then refinished with poly, and that took care of
the stench, but there is still a black stain on the inside. Oh well. At
least the stain is on the inside.

James