igor

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:18:39 -0500, "Alexander Galkin"
wrote:

I am also planning to build a wood enclosure for the range hood. I also want
to use external blower to reduce noise. I only checked NuTone products and
they seem to have both external blower and accessories. Are there any other
manufactures worth considering?

I put a commercial blower on the roof -- better price than nutone. 1200CFM
w/ 10" duct. Cannot recall the brand name but check with restaurant supply
stores. Be sure to consider/calc make-up air needs - especially if you
heat/air condition your space (i.e., windows are closed). Problem is that
residential designers generally have no idea about this issue (not blaming
them, just IME). If you want expert advice on this, get a short consult
with a commercial kitchen designer - try to find one that will give you
good advice but no so anal that he/she insists that you meet commercial
code. HTH. -- Igor