FMB

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
Can anyone provide me with a method to remove some water stains from the
tops of walnut stereo speaker cabinets?
I was going to try using 400 grit sandpaper or perhaps a scraper, but
wanted to see if someone might have a "professional solution".
I have plenty of stains and cleaners.... I just don't know the best way to
successfully correct my problem.
Thanks in advance.
Matt

I thought I heard somewhere where the use of vinegar and an iron would do
something to cure that, but I wanted to know for sure so I went searching at
GoodHousekeeping.com. From there, it took me to Dear Heloise, and there
found the following;

Q: Will mayonnaise or toothpaste erase water marks on wooden furniture?

A: Yes, in many instances. Treat milky rings as soon as you see them. Dip a
slightly damp cotton cloth in a dollop of real mayonnaise mixed with ashes
(cigar or cigarette) and gently rub the mark. Or, make a half-and-half
mixture of toothpaste and baking soda. Use a damp cloth to gently rub the
paste over the whitish marks. You may have to do this several times to
eliminate the rings. Polish the furniture as you normally would.

You will find that at
http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodho...657135,00.html
or http://tinyurl.com/4x87o for short.

I'm not sure if you want to try that in a very visible stain or do one of
those 'out of the way' stains as a test. Or maybe not at all. LOL Good
luck.
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)