Mary Fisher

Default Noisy wife ..

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 14:36:34 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I'll be at the Bowes Museum on Tuesday so we shan't be able to meet up

:-(

Is this as a display item or visitor Mary?

It's a Braids and Beyond exhibition, so you decide.

We were on our way back from a BMW motocycle rally a couple of years
ago and stayed at Barnard Castle (well the C&CC site up the road) for
a few days. We though we'd give the Bowes a Museum a go (not much more
to do that way once you've seen "High Force" (the Grand Canyon better
look out!) and to our surprise, found it very intertesting (we are a
bit young for museums normally).

It's a lovely little place. Seriously, I think that most museums are far
more interesting than they used to be. they aim for young people, which can
be a pain for us oldies ...

But the Castle itself is a joy ...

If you go please take yer 3 in 1 and give the Swan a couple of drops
from us ;-)

They've moved the swan upstairs, apparently, and have limited demonstrations
to preserve it.

Have fun ..

We shall. We're taking two oldies - over 55s - who daren't do the long (60
mile) drive themselves.

chuckle

Mary

T i m