pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Don Bruder
wrote back on Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:13:05 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article ,
pyotr filipivich wrote:

What ever happened to "diversity" and "respecting other's cultural
heritage"?

Pardon my being totally "un-PC" (Or don't... see if I actually care...)
but as far as I see it, it's really quite simple:

You're in America now. Be an American. I don't give a damn about your
"cultural heritage". I care even less about "diversity". You're an
American now. Be one, or get the **** out! Learn the language we use
here (Most call it english, although I'd say that's only just barely
true anymore, what with the rise of "ebonics") and use it - both spoken
and written. Learn new "traditions" - the traditions of the country that
is now your home. If you want "the old country" and "the old
traditions", then go back to wherever "the old country" happens to be,
and we can all be happy. Otherwise, don't be at all surprised when
somebody gets ****ed off enough at you and your brand of whatever-it-is
to take action, perhaps violent, perhaps legal, perhaps a combination of
both, to make you stop inflicting your so-called "culture" on them..

Hmmm, so then it is perfectly acceptable to denounce as "insensitive"
someone who says that women can have it all, career, home life and
children?
--
pyotr filipivich.